Pedal Assist stops supporting / doesn't work properly
The pedal assistance of my e-bike only works sporadically / sometimes fails.
- Check all cable and plug connections including the Pedal Assist Sensor (PAS) and the motor cable for visual damages or tilts.
- Check the brake cut-off switches and cables. Possibly, the brake cut-off switches interrupt the motor support, as the sensor is located too far in the valve housing.
- To quickly check whether the brake cut-off switches are the cause of the assistance failure, you can disconnect both brake sensors by locating the two round connectors (3-pin Higo Plug, yellow) of the brakes in the wiring harness and plug them apart. The motor will now no longer be switched off when you brake while riding. Do a short test ride and check if the pedal assistance now works, then plug the brake cut-off switches back in. Also check that the starting aid works: Press and hold the minus button. After about 3 seconds the motor should accelerate to walking speed (ca. 6km/h). If this is not the case, the brake cut-off switch may interrupt the motor support.
- The sensor can be adjusted using the adjusting screw (2) at the cable input. First, loosen the grub screw (1) located at the bottom which fixes the adjustment screw.
- If the pedal assistance continues to fail, the control unit or the bottom bracket torque sensor may have to be replaced.
Wiring Harness Plug Assignment (UNI MK/Bobber/Swing):
Brake Sensor (disassembled):