Bike makes Noise
When riding / during operation, a squeaking / grinding / rattling / cracking noise can be heard on the bike.
- Locate the sound more precisely.
- Possible noise sources include the following:
– Brakes or brake calipers (readjust/adjust, deglaze or change brake pads/discs)
– Mudguards/Fenders (readjust)
– Spokes (retighten)
– Battery or battery key with key fob (readjust or fix)
– Suspension fork (retract)
– Gear shift or rear derailleur or cassette / sprocket (adjust / readjust)
– Chain (chain link stiff and no longer freely movable, so that the chain jumps at some points)
– Motor planetary gear or axle bearings / dust boots (lubricate/replace planetary gear or lubricate bearings & rubber boots)
- Once the cause of the noise has been identified, proceed as indicated under the relevant sub-items. (see battery, wheels, etc.).